Saturday, 16 February 2013
Exeter hospital to Harefield hospital
So my Ivs didn't seem to be working and yesterday in excruciating pain and lung function at 62% fev1 from 97% I rung Harefield, they advised that I wait till Monday and be reviewed in clinic. Well by the end of the day I couldn't handle the pain and developed a temp of 37.8 I decided to go to my DRs and get pain relief. They decided they were not happy with my numbers and I was to be admitted to exeter hospital with a view to go to Harefield on Monday still.
Since being in my breathing has improved and my numbers are up slightly at 69% the pain has gone as has the temp. Iv had a X-ray and ct scan both showing 'change' various different shadows that weren't there before. Harefield have now decided to have me up there tomorrow and I will get 'ambulanced' up, I'm not that sick but it's just there way of transferring me.
As I have said with any blip you wonder what the cause is, is it really infection? or something more sinister? you wonder whether this is the beginning of the end? you can't help worry those things but I'm sure whatever it is is treatable and will be sorted out ASAP and in a way I'm glad to be going to my specialist centre at least they can deal with it efficiently and make sure all the 'other' possibilities are ruled out.
I will keep everyone updated through Facebook, twitter and my blog and thank everyone for there continuing support.
Also here's the link to my itv piece http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/story/2013-02-12/from-the-heart/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad